OpenWrt GUI: alpha released!
Finally I released WebUI 0.1 (Homunculus) alpha — AJAX-based web interface for OpenWrt made with Dojo! Highlights of this release: 5 more applets including firewall configurator and more network settings. Now proceed to install the package and to read release notes.
The package is here: webui-0.1-alpha.ipk. You can install it using following command in OpenWrt shell:
ipkg install http://lazutkin.com/download/webui-0.1-alpha.ipk
- WebUI can be installed side-by side with webif (comes standard with OpenWrt White Russian RC4). To access it use following URL: http://your_router/webui.html.
- Five more applets are added to this release:
- System: provides a menu for existing applets.
- Firewall configurator: simple management of DMZ and port forwarding.
- Hosts configurator: manages a list of static hosts (used by DNS and by Firewall configurator).
- Ethers configurator: manages a list of static assignment of IP by MACs.
- WDS configurator: manages WDS connection settings.
- General clean up of user interface:
- More information is moved to tooltips.
- Help is provided by tooltips.
- Context-specific references to OpenWrt documentation.
- Tested on following browsers:
- Firefox: works.
- IE6: works.
- Opera 8.50: doesn’t work.
- Konqueror: doesn’t work.
- I decided to proceed with release in spite of Konqueror and Opera problems. I hope it will be solved later. For now use Firefox.
- As always I appreciate your feedback: openwrt [@] lazutkin [.] com.